University Work Experience Placement

The CAA offers opportunities for university students who are required to undertake a work placement as part of an academic program or study in order to complete a tertiary degree.  This program aims to provide students with broad exposure in their relevant professional discipline and apply their knowledge and skills within the legal industry and justice system.

 The CAA may also, at times, be in a position to provide opportunities for Information Technology students to gain experience within appropriate business units.


​To be eligible for a university student work placement, the person must: 

  • Be currently enrolled in a tertiary educational institution; and
  • Provide a current National Police Certificate (Police Record Check) that the CAA finds satisfactory.

Should a placement be undertaken within the Youth Court, the individual must also hold a current Working With Children Check, or obtain this prior to commencement.

The individual is responsible for the cost of the National Police Certificate (Police Record Check) and Working with Children Check and must allow at least 6 to 8 weeks for processing

​International Students ​An international student enrolled in an Australian university intending to undertake a university work placement with the CAA must have an appropriate and current Australian student visa.

International students seeking to undertake professional work placement within the CAA are subject to the same eligibility requirements stipulated above.
​Insurance Cover ​Certificates of Currency for Public Liability and Student Personal Accident must be provided by the relevant university to the CAA prior to finalising the university work placement arrangements.
​Expressions of interest and applications

​Please submit an online application via email to with the following:

  • Expression of interest/application letter for the program
  • Up-to-date curriculum vitae
  • A current National Police Certificate (Police Record Check)
  • A current Working With Children Check (if application is for placement in the Youth Court);
  • Copy of Certificates of Currency for Public Liability and Student Personal Accident;
  • Copy of valid and current Australian visa (if applicable)