The District Court hears administrative and disciplinary matters brought under various statutes.
Judges of the District Court hear appeals under a number of Acts, such as the Guardianship and Administration Act and the Mental Health Act, where they sit with assessors who have expertise in the relevant area. The Judges also preside over the Equal Opportunity Tribunal.
The Registrar of the District Court is also the Registrar of the division. Civil Registry staff perform all associated registry functions.
Tribunals and courts
The Civil Registry administers the following tribunals and courts:
- Pastoral Land Appeal Tribunal
- Police Disciplinary Tribunal
- Wardens Court
District Court Judges hear appeals, applications and complaints under a number of acts, some of which are:
- Electricity Act 1996
- Credit Administration Act
- Dog and Cat Management Act
- Land Agents Act
- Land Valuers Act
- Local Government Act 1999
- Motor Vehicles Act
- Second Hand Vehicle Dealers Act
- Security and Investigation Industry Act
- Survey Act