The Premier of South Australia announced on Wednesday 18 November 2020, that as of midnight tonight South Australia will go into a hard lockdown for six days.
The following arrangements are in place for Courts for the period 19 November to 24 November 2020.
All court buildings will be closed to the public.
Supreme Court and District Court
All matters that are currently listed in the Supreme Court and District Court over the next six days will be adjourned. The court will only hear urgent matters during that period. At first instance, any application for an urgent hearing must be made to the appropriate Registry via the contact details set out below.
Civil matters can be lodged through the CourtSA portal.
Supreme Court Civil Enquiries:
p: (08) 8204 0289
District Court Civil Enquiries
p: (08) 8204 0289
p: (08) 8204 2444
Environment, Resources and Development Court
All matters that are currently listed in the Environment, Resources and Development Court over the next six days will be adjourned.
The Magistrates Court will only hear overnight custody matters and Police Intervention orders over the next six days. Magistrates court buildings will be closed on those days and all other matters listed will be adjourned. Further details will follow.
P: (08) 8204 2444
The Adelaide Youth Court will operate with a skeleton staff for the purpose of hearing urgent matters only. Urgent matters are restricted to the following:
- Matters remanding youths in custody and listed for hearing during the six day lockdown, will be further remanded to 25 November 2020;
- All overnight arrests will be heard by a Judicial Officer in the General list at 11.30am. All matters will be heard via AVL;
- All Intervention order matters will be heard;
- All other matters listed during the period of the lockdown will be re-listed in the next 4-5 weeks to a date and time to be advised.
Care and Protection Jurisdiction
- All Re-unification matters will be adjourned to a date and time to be advised;
- All urgent removals will be heard within the five days from the date of removal;
- All first return matters listed between 19/11/20 and 24/11/2020 will be heard on the day listed, the time of the hearings will be advised;
- Matters with orders due to expire during the lockdown period will be heard.
All hearings at the Youth Court for both jurisdictions will be heard via AVL, Webex or phone link.
The Coroners Court will be closed to the public for physical attendance but will be receiving and dealing with reports of reportable deaths and enquiries in relation thereto in the usual way.
p: (08) 8204 0600
Enquiries: Media and Communications Office
Phone: 8204 0403 or 0467795291