In a civil matter, a judicial officer can make a decision (known as a judgment), telling one party (the debtor) to pay money to the other party (the creditor). If the debtor does not pay, the creditor can apply to the Court to enforce the debt.

The Court does not automatically enforce civil judgments. If you are the creditor and want to enforce a judgment, you must request an Investigation or Examination summons.

You cannot lodge any enforcement proceedings in Higher Court cases using CourtSA. All enforcement proceedings for Higher Court cases must be lodged over the counter at Court Services.