The Media and Communications Office has corporate responsibility for media liaison and community based activities that are intended to improve public understanding of the role and work of the courts.
The Media and Communications Branch provides services such as:
• Media liaison
• Coordination of guest speaking engagements
• Court visits for adult groups
Daily court information is released as follows:
• Coroner’s findings are available within half an hour of being delivered.
• Sentencing remarks and judgments from the higher courts are available within a day or two of being delivered.
• Case lists are available online after 5:20pm the day before hearings are scheduled. Case lists are also displayed in public areas of each courthouse.