Use this page to request case access. Use can request access to multiple cases where you act for the same party in each case. If you request access to cases for different clients, your request will be rejected.

You MUST have access to your case to be able to view it or lodge documents on it.

You can only access your case if you are:

  • A party to the case
  • A legal practitioner representing a party on the case (except for an Intervention order case)
  • A barrister representing a party on the case
  • A party to the case (except if you are a party to a care and protection case or an Intervention order case)

Do not use this form if:
If you are not a party to a case (or representing one).
Case access is only intended for parties on the case and/or their legal representatives.

Please note, you cannot access a case in CourtSA if you are:

  • Parent/s in a care and protection case
  • Defendants or solicitors on an Intervention order case
  • Media
  • Interested parties
  • Member of the public

Note: If you are representing yourself or are a practitioner representing a party, a ‘Notice of Acting’ will be generated when your request for case access is approved.


  1. Log into CourtSA
  2. When asked “What would you like to do?” Select “Access a Case” from the drop-down menu
  3. Scroll down and click on “Request Access to a Case
  4. Complete the form
  5. Click proceed

Your request has been lodged. An Administration case will be generated on your ‘My Cases’. You will receive an email from CourtSA confirming that your Request for Case Access has been received for review by the Court. If it is approved, you will receive an email from CourtSA with information about what happens next. If it is rejected, you will receive an email from CourtSA explaining why it was rejected.


  1. Log into CourtSA
  2. Click on the link in the email granting you access
  3. This will direct you to the CourtSA page
  4. You MUST be logged into CourtSA account using the SAME email address where the notification was sent
  5. Click on “My Cases” in the top menu
  6. Find the case you would like to access and click “View Case”
  7. Your ‘Notice of Acting’ will be available under the “Documents” tab
  1. Lodge your request using CourtSA
  2. Note the Administrative Case Number (ADM) allocated
  3. Contact CourtSA Registry Services at
The code entered to the Request Case AccessWhere the case access email will be sentWhat CourtSA account can use the case access linkWho can see the caseWhere notifications will be sent
Both P and L CodeL Code emailCourtSA account using the L Code emailCourtSA account using the P Code email
CourtSA account using the L Code email
P Code email

If you need to change L code or P code email
Contact the Law Society of South Australia to update your email in relation to your L or P code. The Law Society will then notify the Courts to change the email address.

How to change CourtSA account email address
View instructions to change your CourtSA account email address.